| ||Hardware (Sensor, Servers, POC Assembly, Deployment Strategy)|
- Prototype platform status
- Next round of sensors have been ordered, have started to arrive.
- We are writing code to read data off of the sensors as we speak
- TODO: Need to detail sensor calibration protocol
- Ron Evans (EPA), Christin Benedict (EPA) are available as technical experts for calibration
- Prototype sensor status – health and monitoring
- Working well, though we have been tweaking our networking, and it seems to be working better.
- UL Student Participation Plan Discussion
- Updates on time frame for student hardware and assembly
- Plan for final design of hardware for June 12, 2017
- Notes from Gretchen L Vanicor (LA.edu)
- Elgazzar, Dr. Khalid (LEARN)is out of town for a few weeks, so a face-to-face meeting is not an option this week or next. He did however offer to meet over Skype to discuss students assembling the sensors.
- May need to reach out to other faculty (e.g. computer engineering)
- May be able to work with students from David Thibodeaux STEM academy
- LCG, LUS Fiber and Network/Hardware Planning update
- Private LUS sensor network will be terminated in Stephens Hall at UL
- Gene Fields CIO is committed to doing what we need in Stephens Hall
- Plan to use GENIE hardware provided by UL for Gateway
- Future Sensor Deployments
- Status updates on UL Research Input to help guide deployment intersection locations – Dr. Whitney Broussard, Dr. Yanica Visser ( committed to advise graduate students to help with selecting locations)
- Notes from Gretchen L Vanicor (LA.edu):
- I am casting a wider net. My initial concerns were confirmed by several of our Geosciences (Dr. Whitney Broussard and Dr. Yenneke Visser) and Chemistry (Dr. Feebee Louka) researchers/professors. Their research here is primarily focused on water quality and pollution.
While they do not have real need for their own research purposes, they have offered the following advice:
From Dr. Louka Feebee in Environmental Chemistry - "Areas around schools and some of the day care locations, and areas around hospitals and any manufacturing areas."
From Dr. Whitney Broussard in Geosciences - "I would suggest that there be locations in rural areas in all directions around Lafayette metro. These could be used as baseline information of ambient conditions. I would also suggest locations that as evenly distributed as possible with some locations based on potential pollution sources....I mentioned earlier that a GIS student could run a spatial analysis on the dataset once it’s complete. This will be a perfect scenario for an interpolation analysis to generate a 2D layer of air quality based on a well-distributed network of data associated with individual points."
- Status updates on Coordination of sensor deployments with LDEQ/USGS
- Status updates on Time frames / Quantities for upcoming future deployments
- Status Update Mobile Sensors
- Update status on Water Quality sensors brainstorming
- Delcambre, Matthew (University of Louisiana at Lafayette), Miles, Brian (CGI Federal) met with UL researchers (Beth Stauffer, Ed Theriot, Emad Habib, Taylor Sloey, Whitney Broussard, and others) to discuss flooding/drainage applications
- The group is producing a 2-page pilot project proposal, which they will be discussing with LCG on June 6th
- Hopefully the group can scrape together ~$25k in see funding for the pilot
- Delcambre, Matthew (University of Louisiana at Lafayette) talked with US Ignite about $$$ for more sensors. May be able to write a grant for $10k.
- Could be used for both air or water sensors
- Use a different name for the water project?
- May be more $$ avail for development work as well.
- Health Cases Update (Ridgeway, Terysa (CGI))
- LCG Data Access
| ||Partner Outreach|
- Nepris presentation 5/16/2017 at David Thibodaux STEM Magnet Academy
- Michelin Movin'On Conference in Montréal (June 13-15)
- US Ignite Application Summit in Austin (June 25th-28th)
- Upcoming EPA Brown bag, monthly air sensor session / 20-30 participants across ORD, OAR, OECA, and Regions
- Has not been scheduled yet.
- Something may be planned in June.
- EPA is trying to coord. with B'more
- LaBar, William (CGI Federal) will check with EPA.
- CPEX (Center for Planning Excellence, LA-based non-profit) Smart Growth Conference November 2017